National Recyclable Solid Waste Collection Project
The iCARE Project, which is an acronym for Community, Awareness, Recycle, Everyday, is a continuation of the Beverage Containers Clean-Up Project (BCCP). The BCCP was aimed at removing indiscriminately disposed beverage containers from the environment, and providing SWMCOL with the capacity to process recyclable PET bottles for export.
The ICARE Project seeks to go a step further, with the inclusion of other types of solid waste, more specifically tyres and e-waste. The primary objective of iCARE is to prepare the country for the passage of the EMA’s Solid Waste Rules and other relevant legislation with respect to a deposit refund system.
CHECK LINKS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Public Collection Sites (PDF)
- Site Application Form (PDF)
- FAQ Sheet (PDF)
- Take the Pledge (Video)
- Ronnie the Recycler (Video)
- EMA’s Chairman, Dr. Allan Bachan on Morning Brew (Video)
- Launch of National Recycling Programme 2015 (Video)
- iCARE National Recycling Programme with Granny and Philo (Video)
- Save T&T Recycle Now (Video)