The Mission of the Environmental Management Authority (EMA) is to ensure the protection, wise use and enhancement of the environment in Trinidad & Tobago, thereby contributing to an improved quality of life, through:
- Active partnerships with all sectors of the community
- Public awareness and education
- Co-operation with public entities in respect of Environmental Management Programmes
- Development and enforcement of Environmental Laws
- Being proactive as well as responsive to environmental concern
To lead Trinidad and Tobago in attaining and managing environmentally healthy and sustainable communities and ecosystems.